Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm sorry, what?

You know what I hate?

People who make things a racial issue.

Bloody hell.

I'm probably the least racist person you'll ever meet. I honestly can have a whole conversation with someone and not realize if they're black or white or Norwegian, and I honestly don't CARE.

I said something to my friend yesterday, about the color white, and how no one likes the color white and it's boring and overlooked, but it's a brilliant color because it's every color at once. (Yes, Trix. I WAS stealing from Abby.)

And today, this woman (who I generally like; she's like my friend's aunt.) says, about me saying that "no one likes the color white" that she wonders if I was feeling the pain of the white people, or the persecuted black people, and how no one likes the white people. And then she continued to ramble for a bit on how no one is black or white and this and that and I mostly tuned out.

What. The. Hell. (Of course my response was more like, "Um ... no, that's not what I was going for. I was just saying that ... white is a ... generally overlooked color.")

Did I say ANYTHING about races? I don't even. Stop putting words in my mouth.

It's not that big of a deal. It just sort of added to my stressful morning.

Anyway. Wanted to rant. Finished now.

No comments:

Post a Comment