Thursday, January 20, 2011

College sucks.

I could (I DO) spend hours and hours looking for scholarships and grants and things so I can actually afford to go. I guess I'm hoping for something to just come up and offer itself to me. I'm trying to decide whether or not to write an essay to maybe get $1,000.

Damn it, why can't life be easy?

Ooh, sign language is interesting. I was just talking to a woman who does sign language, who has done it for years, and the language is a lot more complicated than I'd originally think. Like. I guess it's like any language. Sentence structure is different, slang.

Oh, we started talking because this crazy guy was sitting across from her and talking to himself, looking at her, and she looked up and he startled and left quickly. (He's back now, sitting at a different table, eating a scone.)

(She was transcribing what he was saying; it's actually really interesting and kind of poetic. I kind of want to know his story now. I mean, the reason he's crazy is probably drugs and shit, but he sounds like he had some sort of life before that. An education. Sounds kind of bitter. I'll edit it into this post if she ever actually emails it to me. Here:

"and call that if you want it is textbook- about the letters or any other language letters or a dog once you process it and when you teach them what process is, cartoons or otherwise, that teaches you something- like a recipe- suicide or murder- you have give it in Pakistan or something, better than now real fast at the University"

I am not kidding, I have just typed out pretty much word-for-word what he is saying. The missing parts aren't due to my typing speed, more like parts missing from this poor man's brain. Or parts added to his brain. Hard to tell which. Part of what he was saying was either in tongues or Hebrew.

"No matter how high you are in the whole world, there is someone who can calculate that for you- you in this culture can become better after all that schooling- at least that- when they get it they get it we are happy they get it- it really won't kill them - psychologically you have to test them to see- if you saw a pup here you'd tell them from the guy who got the most mad later..."

He is starting to make sense- this man across from me - as you can tell......he's not talking to me, he is just mumbling this stuff to himself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment