Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Nom nom nom

Sarah sits down and prepares to blog, feeling a little guilty for forgetting last night. Ah well. . No use crying over spilt milk. (Which leads her to think of that little kids book, "If you give a mouse a cookie.") She loved that book muchly.
Anyway, she thinks. Blog now:

I had a really good lunch today. (The ONLY meal I've had today, come to think about it. Oops.)

So, anyway, across the huge street we live just off of, there's cute little old town called "Old Fair Oaks". (Fair Oaks being the general city.) It's really cute, and sorta hidden, just off the huge busy road. So it's one of those old-fashioned towns with little antique shops and ... uh ... things like that. (I want to compare it to Old Sac, but none of you having been to Sac, or the old version of it, wouldn't really get that.) So, tucked away in there is this little food place. It's this little box of a building with a bright yellow sun painted on it. You walk up to the window and order, and then sit down on rough wooden picnic-bench tables and wait for your food while the resident chickens peck at your toes. (Annoying little birds. I threw water at them.) They serve these veggie-burger things and they're so freakin good. Y'know, if you're a good little health nut like me.

And that's pretty much it. It's this little fast - healthy - food place, and I love it.

Which makes me wonder - why do fast food chains have to be so crap? Like, I don't feel good after I eat fast food. Sure, it tastes good, but I feel like I've eaten a heaping pile of grease. That's no fun. So, if this little place can make some kickass food in the same amount of time it takes McDonalds to make a burger - why the hell isn't it done?

Ugh. Anyway, that's my rant today.

My punishment is still to be determined. I think it involves dying my hair colors of the neon variety.

___

Claire, we love you, we're thinking of you, and I'm praying for you.
... /bighugs


1 comment: